.

Pages

Bernadette Andrews

 Bernadette was the Art Critic at theTelegram and Arts Canada. She was charming, witty and intelligent.
We went together for a while. She died of a mysterious virus and is much missed.

I ran into Bernadette in the club 22 a few weeks before she died. She gve me a big wet kiss. She was her healthy fun loving self and her almost sudden death was a shock and surprise to us all.

Not long after that I was on a sailboat in the Bahamas with Murray MacLauchlan, We were miles from anywhere when I took extremly sick I had a high fever for over a week and lost 30 pounds. All I could think of was the wet kiss from Bernadette. It took days to get to a hospital which was a joke. Murray got me on a plane to Toronto wher I found out I had Infectious mononucleosis. A most serious case that lasted for months.

No comments:

Post a Comment