.

Pages

David Crombie Wilt Chamberlin and Mayor Mel Lastman.




David Crombie Wilt Chamberlin and Mayor Mel Lastman.
In 1976 I was the host of the Hospitality Suite at the Toronto Film Festival. Bill Marshal asked me to open early one day for his friend mayor David Crombie and guests. I always liked David he was smart and positive. The guests were Wilt Chamberlain and Mayor Mel Lastman.
For a couple of hours, I sat between Wilt the Stilt and David the perfect tiny mayor listening to Wilt tell funny self-effacing stories of how he got ripped off on a million dollar racehorse etc. Not to mention too much about the twenty thousand women he slept with. I was impressed with Mel Lastman. He was a good listener and asked good questions.  At a later festival, I attended a Festival party at City hall and ended up smoking a joint in the Mayor's Office with a city Councillor.

No comments:

Post a Comment