.

Pages

Ian Tyson


I had known Ian for a bunch of years and he was a good friend of Morgan Vice who lived in one of my upstairs rooms. (Only musicians could live above an after hours club) Ian was going through a rough time when his marriage was breaking up and spent a lot of time in the bar and Morgan's place. One night Gary MacLean comes by. The Macleans had started as the folk group the vicious circle and Gary was a big fan of Ian's. SoI told him Ian was there. He was very excited to meet him and when I couldn't find him I led Gary up to Morgans's room. The door was open and in the dimly lit room, Ian was passed out on the floor. what could I do? "Ian Tyson, meet "Gary MacLean, "Gary Maclean, meet Ian Tyson.'
Gary bent down, "Jesus he said That is Ian Tyson."
(sorry Ian it was a long time ago)

Some weeks later Ian came in with Christine Wookie. He was schmoozing and I got into a long talk with Christine. We hit it off pretty well in a friend like fashion and she asked me why I was running a place like this. And I said i wanted to buy a sailboat. "That's all you want" heck we got a 70 foot sailboat that nobody has used in a couple of years if that's all you want why not.......
At that moment Ian grabbed her and whisked her out the door. wait a minute I holler. we will be back sys Ian says and is gone. Of course, I never saw her again.
I wonder how that would have finished.


No comments:

Post a Comment