.

Pages

Burton Cummings


Gary Maclean introduced me to Burton. He brought him to my after-hours Bar. .he often sang with MacLean and Maclean. 
Burton was amazing with the MacLeans, Gary and Blair had good voices too, and harmonized wonderfully. One night the Knob Hill was so impressed they tipped a whole case of Dom Perigon. We had a party that night. Burton wrote a couple of the Macleans songs including Their theme song'Fuck Ya"(I sang the lobster song with the Macleans when Burton wasn't singing) 
Burton spent many nights in my kitchen singing with the Macleans and Murray Mclauchlan and whoever else was around.The funniest moment is Burton comes into my bar one night trying to be cool and quiet. plugs a quarter in the Jukebox just as 'AMERICAN WOMAN" came on full blast. Everybody jeered and pointed as he cried I didn't play it! I didn't play it! Burton and I had a bit of a falling out and I have had backstage passes to his show and he wouldn't see me.But that was long ago and I hope that is all forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment